Let's play a little game. When we say "tiered skirt", what's the first thing that comes to mind? Hippies? Flower power? Prairies? We're about to erase that perception from your mind. No, not by our mind boggling Tom Cruise like super powers (you wish!). It's far simpler than that. We're going to introduce you to the flirty skirts present at the Luella, Givenchy, and Zac Posen spring/summer 2008 runways.
There are a few things you can do to spare yourself a Gone with the Wind moment. Chiggity-check it.
• For starters, make sure the skirt is above the knee.
• Know that these add additional volume to the hip area. But don't be deterred child. This version of a tiered skirt can be a great camouflage if you cinch at the waist.
• Since it is so soft and feminine pair it with something bold and modern.
• Balance the flounce with structure else wear.
Some good pairing options are:
• All those killer shoe boots floating around out there.
• A soft, simple racerback tank.
• A shell.
• A graphic or art print.
Photo via Style.com