Lately we've been seeing a lot of cute... jumpsuits? Yes, weird but true. It all began when we saw Nicole Richie in a cute DVF romper a few months back. We then noted the more pleasing, less jail bait, jumpsuits at many of the 2009 resort collections like the flashy purple one at LV. Keira Knightley "jumped" on the bandwagon at the premiere of her new movie Edge of Love in a beautiful white Chanel piece with a sparkly black jacket (man she is too cool for school) that made it certain that this is a trend here to stay... for a little while anyway.
A few words of advice on pulling off the look:
• A cinched waist and slightly safari inspired look is a plus if you're going with the shorter version.
• The slouchy 80s look of the resort jumpers is much more forgiving than the tight J.Lo ones of yore.
• Brevity is the order of the day. Minimal accessories and a high shoe are all you need.
• Stick with solid colors in a neutral or a soft, sherbet palette (another trend alert!).
• Work! Wear the jumper, don't let it wear you!