Alright so you're trying to plan a party and you're majorly stressed. Sucks all the fun right out of it doesn't it? Try these simple tips to make party planning go more smoothly when you throw your last parties of the summer and first of the holiday season.
• Set a date: One that works and is realistic! Don't set it the weekend between a wedding and vacation. You'll probably need that to crash and rest up. Go for a weekend that doesn't have anything around it to make it easier on you.
• Stylize: We're sure you've looked longingly at photos of celebrity parties that seem so grand and pulled together. It's not as hard as it looks! Take those same pictures and gather inspiration by circling a handful of items that are affordable and reusable. Think candle holders, table covers, and throw pillows.
• Shades: Many people will pick up cool items to set a theme but in a mish mash of colors which actually makes it look more random than it probably is. Choose one staple color and up to three accents in all of your décor and even food and drink choices if you want to take it there.
• Sauce and snacks: This is the good stuff – food and drink. Go all the way and make sure that the food and drink matches your theme and color scheme.
• Setup: Acknowledge your setup before the big day arrives. Figure out where you want chairs and your portable bar so that when the day comes, you can quickly arrange and be done with it.
That's it! Let your party be the place where, "where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen" Err, your party. Close enough.
Photo via Seite-3