Michael Kors is known for the All American spirit he instills in his clothing. But what really turned us on at his latest resort collection?
Admittedly, it was the St. Tropez worthy tie dye cashmeres. Tie dye is huge for spring and summer 2009. It can be found in low chain stores like H & M all the way up through high end boutiques like Net a Porter, so finding tie dye to suit your budget shouldn't be a problem.
What is a problem, however, is how many wear this bold color combo. There is a high risk factor of looking like you just stepped out of a Woodstock time warp.
To reduce the danger use the following tips and you too will be South of France worthy in no time:
• Stick to a palette that consists of one bold color and one neutral.
• If the tie dye palette consists of more than one bold hue, make sure they all come from the same color family.
• Unless you're a celebrity, wait 'til spring to try out this trend.
• Stick with loose, beachy silhouettes.
• If you aren't one for color, throw in a tie dye scarf to add a little pop to your look.