Buns are the hairstyle for SS09. While a messy chignon is definitely very Kate Moss cool, we are more partial to the sleek, sophisticated version that will add the perfect polish to our floaty, fluid summer wardrobe. It takes a moment to get the just the right bun, but the results will be worth your while.
1. Straighten Up: Think sleek. If you're hair isn't already straight, smooth it.
2. Easy Updo: Gather hair into a ponytail. The nape of the neck or the crown of the head are most flattering. Then wrap hair around the base and pin the ends. Let ends stick out for a more casual look or pin them all in (like Kim's) for something more formal.
3. Baby Hair Be Gone: Take a toothbrush with pomade to all of those little wispy flyaways.
4. Budge Free: Spray bobby pins with hairspray just before sticking them in for a hold that has staying power, but isn't stiff.
5. The End: When it's all said and done, lightly spritz with hairspray -- but be sure to keep can at arm's length to avoid crunchy locks.
The longest part of the look is the straightening processes (that is, if you have curly hair like ours). But the actual bun itself should be sleek but not fussy. Do it quickly for an uncomplicated look.