- Target's first eco-friendly designer collaboration, Loomstate for Target, has hit stores just in time for you to pull together your edgy, organic-cotton look for Earth Day fetes.
- Looking to add to your monogrammed luggage set? If you shop online at Louis Vuitton today, the luxury retailer will donate 15% of all purchases on their US website to The Climate Project. FYI, The Climate Project is an organization founded by Al Gore, who also helped invent the internet. (How's that for synergy?)
- Pretty Little Thing NYC is selling a globe necklace to commemorate the planet's special day. The rest of the year, the globe revolves around you ... er, your neck. A portion of the proceeds from these babies are going to The Wilderness Society.
- Did you know Donna Karan is a total natural wellness hippie? Check out this video of Donna explaining some of the techniques and benefits of holistic medicine and her new project Urban Zen. BTW, she's designed a bunch of awesome tees that benefit charity, available exclusively at Tonic.
- Keds has revamped their classic kicks for Earth Day. Not only are their Green Label shoes made of organic cotton and recycled rubber, but for each pair sold, Keds plants a tree. Friday is Arbor Day people!
- Anthopologie hooked up with Edun (the brainchild of Bono's wife Ali Hewson) for a line of Bee Tees. These 100% organic tees will bring awareness to the alarming disappearance of honeybees. All while making you look fashionable and socially-conscious, of course.
- Don't throw out your old cosmetic containers. Origins has teamed up with Gossip Girl's Kelly Rutherford to launch a cosmetics recycling program. All Origins counters (even the ones inside department stores) will accept empty cosmetic containers from any brand.
The fashion industry is promoting guilt-free shopping today in honor of Earth Day. Designers really want you to reduce your eco-footprint by purchasing their various wares. (Aww, isn't that sweet?) Here's how: