Today the magazine announced the recipients of its first ever Green Good Housekeeping Seal (GGHS).
The scientists and engineers at the Good Housekeeping Institute worked with green consultants from Brown and Wilmanns Environmental and other eco experts to establish the criteria, which included reducing water use in manufacturing, packaging reduction and ingredient and product safety.
The product winners also had to pass the original Good Housekeeping Seal, which makes sure products do exactly what they promise.
And the winners are:
- Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment
- Physician's Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Tinted Moisturizer
- Green Works Natural Bathroom Cleaner
- Nature's Source Natural Laundry Stain Remover
- Nature's Source Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner
- Nature's Source Natural All Purpose Cleaner
- Nature's Source Natural Bathroom Cleaner
For the latest in eco fashion news, check out this brilliant concept.