First Lady Michelle Obama landed the top spot on French Elle's annual best-dressed list, beating out France's own First Lady in the 'Political Chic' category.
Carla Bruni Sarkozy came in second place again this year, having lost out last time to Asma Assad, the Syrian president's wife. Elle cited Mrs. O's support of emerging designers and her ability to make the cinched cardigan official dress as her winning style attributes.
Other winners include:
- Scarlett Johansson for 'Sexy Bombe'
- Penelope Cruz for 'Red Carpet'
- Tilda Swinton for 'Stylista'
- Elettra Wiedemann for 'It Girl'
- Alexa Chung for 'British Girl'
- Natalia Vodianova for 'Fashion Pointue' (Or Cutting Edge.)
Olivier Douliery, Pool/Getty Images
Peter Macdiarmid, Getty Images
Charles Dharapak, Pool/Getty Images
Charles Dharapak, AFP / Getty Images
Charles Dharapak, Pool / AP
Michael Tercha, MCT
Nicholas Kamm, AFP/Getty Images
Jewel Samad, AFP/Getty Images
John Moore, Getty Images
JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images
The First Lady was also recognized on this prestigious best-dressed list.