But after laying eyes on Stuart Weitzman's gorgeous "HiLo" boots, $650; Jildor.com, you might be singing a different tune, which is why we're offering you a chance to win a pair!
There's no denying that this uber-tall style is the boot of the season and, surprise, Victoria Beckham led the way.
If you thought you'd never go this far, a top designer's words of wisdom just might change your mind about how to approach this huge trend. Think: Parisian woman fetching coffee and croissants in 1968, not pre-makeoever Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman."
Shoe guru Stuart Weitzman gives StyleList tips for pulling off (er, on) the trend.
- These boots are made for a woman who wants to be noticed. Comfort and confidence are key.
- Stick with classic colors. Brown and black work, and the less ornamentation the better.
- It is OK to show skin with the high-heel thigh high. But with the flat thigh high, it should be worn with tights, with jeans tucked inside, or with a mini skirt paired with tights.
- I would say these work best with a simple outfit. Color is certainly not forbidden, but let the thigh-high be the wow factor and the ultimate accessory.
Check out other chic over-the-knee styles at Jildor.
And now that you're a convert, enter to win your very own pair of this season's must-have item -- the Stuart Weitzeman "HiLo" boot.
Here's how to enter:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment telling us what you'd wear the boots with.
- The comment must be left before 5pm ET December 15, 2009.
- You may enter only once. One winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- One winner will receive a pair of "HiLo" Stuart Weitzman thigh high boots (valued at $650).
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- Click here for complete official rules.