- With just a few supplies necessary, this pretty feather headband from Craftstylish is a gift that can come together quickly.
- You'll endlessly impress the man in your life with this cardigan that you can sew. Get the free pattern and instructions from BurdaStyle here.
- For your four-pawed furry friends create a superfast monogrammed leash! Get the directions from the adorable Purl Bee site here.
- Get your kids in on the gift-making and get them started sewing at the same time. Tots will love crafting these Alligator Sewing Kits for aunts and grandmas. The mouth opens like a book to reveal pins, needles and thread. So kitschy you gotta love it!
- Do some crossover crafting with these deliciously simple crocheted flowers from Rose Hip. Stitch a couple to a ready-made pillow, purse, or hat and you have a customized DIY-adorned gift in no time.
- Quick Stuff to Sew, and Gifts to Make are still my favorite quick project magazines (full disclosure, I helped launch them!). They are currently discounted at the Taunton Press online store. You'll find tons of projects you can still pull off in time for the holidays. These two are classic keepers for your DIY quick project library.
Next week on DIY Design: Really last-minute gifts and decorations!