Their cuts were copied like crazy when they starred on "Friends
" and "ER
" 15 years ago -- Jennifer Aniston
with "The Rachel," George Clooney
with "The Caesar." And, now, all this time and many movies later, the two stars are still winning titles for best celebrity hair.
Jennifer Aniston and Lady Gaga land at opposite ends of the hair spectrum. Photos: Getty Images
The 16th annual Sally Beauty
Best Tressed Survey asked American women to vote on the good, the bad and the ugly in star hairstyles from the past year. The results, in order:
George Clooney and Jon Gosselin are miles apart when it comes to hair. Photos: Getty Images
And, more fun, here are the "mane" men, in order:
's signature blonde 'do won her the title of best tressed in the talk show hostess category and Halle Berry
's cropped style
inspired the most people to go short.
Participants were also asked about their own styling habits:
- 45 percent of women have more than 10 beauty products in their bathrooms.
- More than 20 percent of women wear a hair accessory a few times a week.
- 31 percent of women wash their hair every other day.
- 56 percent of women color their hair either in the salon or at home
- More than 55 percent of women work out without makeup on.
- 32 percent of women spend an average of 10 minutes on their hair each day.
Looking to make some hair or beauty changes this year? Check out the 2010 resolutions of women across the country