As it turns out, she's pretty interesting!
In honor of my findings, here are five things I didn't know about Diane Kruger:
- Her real name is Diane Heidkrüger, and she grew up in Algermissen, Germany.
- Her first foray into the professional world? A dancer at the Royal Ballet School in London.
- When an injury ended her ballet career, Kruger moved to Paris, where she was a finalist in Elite's "Look of the Year" modeling competition. Throughout the '90s, Kruger was a successful model in France and Germany -- probably when she picked up the perfect French accent she displayed during her People's Choice Awards acceptance speech.
- Kruger began landing small appearances in French films, which eventually led to her breakout role as Helen in "Troy." After that, Maxim ranked her as number 50 on their Hot 100 Women of 2005, and Kruger's fate as an actress was sealed!
- After a divorce, Kruger has been dating "Dawson's Creek" actor Joshua Jackson (AKA Pacey!) since 2006.
See more photos of Diane here. Plus, check out video footage of the star at the People's Choice Awards from our friends over at FabSugar.