"I wanted to create a soft natural look on Christina to compliment her gown and new haircut," said makeup artist Kristofer Buckle for NARS, who created the look. "Her dress choice was a beautiful pastel peach with silver. I didn't want the look to fight with her gown. The final look is chic and seamless, with a earthy colored smokey eye and glowing skin."
Buckle's secret weapon? The company's new Orgasm Illuminator.
The newest addition to NARS' line of similarly blush-inducing shades, Orgasm Illuminator just launched exclusively at Sephora.
The sheer fluid is speckled with microscopic flecks of gold, peach and pink shimmer to add luminosity and subtle shine wherever you dab it. We've been adding a dollop to our tinted moisturizer every morning, and have been loving the results.
Clearly, XTina does too!
Here's the full scoop on her look. All makeup is available at NARS.com, and Orgasm Illuminator is currenty available at Sephora.com, and will be in stores in February.
· Use the Balancing Moisture Lotion and apply the Makeup Primer as a base
· Apply Firming Foundation and set with Pressed Powder
· Apply the vanilla side of India Song Duo Eyeshadow as a base, over the entire lid and up to eyebrow
· Next, use the shimmering walnut shade of India Song Duo Eyeshadow and apply to the outer corner and under the bottom lash line
· Then, use the warm rich brown side of Cordura Duo Eyeshadow just under eye rubbing into the lower lash line to create smokey eye
· Curl the eyelashes and apply a coat of Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara to top and bottom lashes, following with 2 coats of Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara for full lashes
· Take Nuits Blanches Eyeliner Stylo and dot in between individual lashes [Kristofer's tip:"I used the Push Eyeliner Brush to blend the eyeliner in between the lashes, which helped to apply just enough without looking to heavy."]
· Use the Fantasia Lipliner Pencil and Niagara Lipstick
· Next, apply Easy Lover Lip Gloss (NEW for Spring 2010) over [Kristofer's tip:"Applying a sheer pink gloss on top of a nude colored lip provides a nice modern pop of color."]
· Generously apply Orgasm Illuminator (NEW for Spring 2010) to cheekbones, décolletage, and shoulders for an all over glow
· Use Malaysia Multiple Bronzer to contour cheeks by blending under cheekbones
· Apply the Mata Hari Blush to the apple of cheeks and lightly tap on browbone [Kristoper's tip: "Lightly dusting a blush on the browbone gives life to the eye and melds the whole look together."]
· Next, with short, back and forth quick strokes use Nico Blush to highlight cheekbones