- Sew Mama Sew: This perky blog is all about making sewing fun and connecting with like-minded folks. With posts that are all over the board, you'll find a something for everyone. This is a blog that's just plain good bedtime reading when you want to feel connected to your needle-wielding sisters.
- Sew_Hip LiveJournal Community: With more than 8000 posts and counting, the Sew_Hip blog sets the tone for the modern seamstress with the tagline, "This Ain't Your Grandma's Sewing Circle." Whether you need to know what the best fabric is for bathing suits or how to make dolls for Haitian orphans, you'll find a vibrant and chatty community here.
- Not Martha: The most amazing thing about this blog is that it's about the life of a creative woman named Megan. I met her in Seattle, Wash., and she completely unassuming for having such an ardent, crafty following.
- Collette Patterns: This blog is the offspring of a very cool indie pattern company that creates chic designs that are incredibly French and cool. It covers a lot of ground from business advice to mending to recreating vintage details.
- Threads: Threads magazine is definitely the last word in fine sewing techniques and the staff recently launched a blog that stuffed to the gills with news, tips and how-to posts. Well worth following if you want to seriously take your sewing to the next level.
For more DIY Design articles, click here. Next week: Flea marketing online for restyling.