We know, we know. You've barely wrapped your head around your spring wardrobe, but now it's time to start focusing on what you'll be wearing for fall. And to help give you a nudge into the future, Pantone has released its Fashion Color Report for Fall 2010.
"Mindful of consumers' need for practicality, plus their desire for newness, designers offer many options for women to extend and embellish their wardrobes this fall," Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute, says of the report.
"Building on the color palette from spring, this season's offerings include innovative takes on fundamental basics, as well as transporting, lively colors that conjure images of travel and adventure, whether real or aspirational."
Designers like Erin Fetherston, Rachel Roy, Nanette Lepore, Betsey Johnson and Christian Siriano offered fashion sketches demonstrating their unique visions for this new batch of hues, while outlining their must-haves for the season.
Color us intrigued! In the meantime, here's a breakdown of the colors we can expect to see on the New York Fashion Week runways.
- Endive -- Pantone 13-0632 (fresh yellow-green)
- Golden Glow -- Pantone 15-1050 (warm and bold golden yellow)
- Living Coral -- Pantone 16-1546 (bright pink-orange blend)
- Lipstick Red -- Pantone 19-1764 (deep red)
- Purple Orchid -- Pantone 18-3027 (bright purple)
- Chocolate Truffle -- Pantone 19-1526 (deep brown with plum undertone)
- Lagoon -- Pantone 16-5418 (tropical bluish-green)
- Woodbine -- Pantone 18-0538 (earthy olive green)
- Oyster Gray -- Pantone 14-1107 (soft gray neutral)
- Rose Dust -- Pantone 14-1307 (pinkish-beige neutral)
Want more fall fashion coverage? Check out Fashion Week's beauty looks, runway reviews and celebrity gossip.