But winning it is so much more fun. The must-see documentary offers a behind-the-scenes look into the world of fashion. Director R.J. Cutler and his crew follow Vogue's legendary editor-in-chief Anna Wintour and her team of larger-than-life editors, as they create the magazine's biggest issue of the year. And StyleList is giving away 10 copies of the 2-disc DVD.
The movie, itself, is reason enough to bring home the DVD, but Cutler tells us the extras make it a style-lover's dream.
"If you love fashion, you'll just go crazy for this stuff," he says.
Cutler adds that you'll find more scenes of Wintour working in her office, spending the night at the Seventh on Sale benefit and putting together the Met Costume Institute Gala.
"There's great stuff with André Leon Talley," he told StyleList. "You haven't lived until you've spent the day shopping with André in Paris and the entire sequence is included and is wonderful.
There's an awesome speech that André gives to a graduating high school class. In the film there's a great moment where André is with Vera Wang and he declares that there's been a 'famine of beauty' and an entire six minute scene around that moment is included on the DVD."
Cutler also says the DVD includes the entire sequence of Grace Coddington's couture shoot, lots of time with her at home and with her cats, as well as several more scenes with designer Thakoon.
Read our exclusive interview with "The September Issue" director, R.J. Cutler, in its entity.
Here's how to enter:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below telling us which position you would hold at a fashion magazine and why.
- The comment must be left before 5pm ET on February 23, 2010.
- You may enter only once. Ten winners will be selected in a random drawing.
- Ten winners will receive a copy of "The September Issue" DVD (valued at $29.98).
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- Click here for complete official rules.