We're also thinking maybe we should put our money where our mouth is and start rocking a version of Joan Jett's signature smoky eye makeup ourselves.
Jett, along with Currie, was on set every day to make sure the movie was as authentic as possible, so of course she was there this past Wednesday for the NYC movie premiere. And true to herself, she was smoked out.
Make Up For Ever Alliance artist James Vincent created Jett's look for the premiere and we have the scoop on how to do those Runaway eyes.
"The perfect Joan Jett eye takes subtlety, persistence and an understanding of what's sexy," says Vincent.
All products are by Make Up For Ever and available at Sephora:
- Start with Eye Shadow #35 (light pinky-nude)from lash to brow as a base.
- Sweep Diamond Powder #11 (champagne shimmer) across the brow bone for a highlight effect and Eye Shadow #13 (matte brown) to the crease for depth.
- Use the same Eye Shadow #13 to line top and bottom lashes, which makes the liner (next step) look smoky.
- Line your inner rims and along the top and bottom lash lines with Aqua Eyes #0L, which is a perfect black liner pencil.
- Apply a little bit of Aqua Eyes #2L (rich brown) over the black liner to keep it from looking too hard.
- Smudge the lines and set with Eye Shadow #139 (black-brown shimmer) for extra smokiness.
- For lashes, Vincent says, "Put down the lash curler and let the lashes stray straight and spiky for rock-chick realness." Apply a liberal coating of Smoky Lash mascara.