In our weekly Post Your Face column, Dr. Robert Freund answers readers' cosmetic surgery questions, and shows them how they'd look if they underwent the enhancement. To post your own face, visit

The Patient's Question: Dr. Freund, first, thank you for this service -- it's amazing! But second, Help! My nose is just way too big -- Missouri Mom.

Before (left) and after (right) hypothetical treatment. Courtesy Photos

Dr. Freund's Answer: Dear Missouri Mom, Although you're concerned about your nose, I want to extend this discussion to include your neck as well.

Quite often, I am asked about the relationship of one part of the face to another. For example, if your eyes were close together, your nose would appear narrower or if you had a narrow face, it would appear long as well. For you, the key relationship is your nose and neck. Although you have a sizable bump on the top of your nose, it is the excess fat on your neck that makes the nose appear bigger. I'd advise you to reduce the dorsal hump on your nose and the fat under your chin.

The procedure to correct your nose is rhinoplasty and I'd recommend a closed rhinoplasty, in which small incisions are made inside of your nose to gain access for reducing the dorsal hump and lifting the tip (B) as well. Swelling is minimal and there are no visible incisions.

Liposuction of the neck is a relatively simple procedure that is quick and incurs minimal downtime. Liposuction can cost about $3,000 and takes a few days to recover. Rhinoplasty can cost from $4,000 to $7,500 depending on the surgeon's experience and the amount of work needed, which for you, shouldn't be extensive.

To learn more about rhinoplasty and liposuction refer to my book "A More Beautiful You - Reverse Aging Through Skincare, Plastic Surgery and Lifestyle Solutions."

Respectfully submitted,

Dr. Robert Freund

The health or medical information in this article is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your doctor or a qualified healthcare provider with any questions.