We recently caught up with the makeup maven for her top five Spring and Summer 2010 beauty looks.
1. To restore your skin's radiance, pick up a luminizing face primer. Choose one with light-reflecting particles, so even when you wear less makeup you still have a glow. For spring, the look is all about seeing skin with sheer washes of color, so luminous skin is key.
2. I saw bold lips on tons of runways and at the Oscars -- especially vivid corals in lipstick or gloss. Don't think grandma, look for pinky, sheer shimmering versions of coral -- these flatter everyone. Just pair the shade with sheer tinted moisturizer, a bit of bronzer and black mascara.
3. If don't want to go for bold lip, try a colored eyeliner. Blues, greens and purples are perfect for spring, smudged on the upper lash line. Look for a waterproof pencil, so you know the liner will stay in place.
4. As far as bronzer goes, this season it's about strategically placed bronzer, not all over the face. I like to apply it in a "C" formation: from the temples, around the sides of your face and right under your cheekbones. This way the center of your face stays unbronzed and looks brighter. It's more naturally contoured modern way to wear bronzer.
Tip: Stay away from highly metallic formulas --they're only good for daytime. If you can't find a shimmer free bronzer, buy a foundation that's two shades darker then your skin tone and apply in the "C" formation, just like bronzer.
5. It's time to Spring clean your makeup drawer. Get rid of all the products you've been holding on to for too long – they can collect bacteria and dirt. Toss mascara after 3 months, get rid of old contact lenses, sharpen eye pencils and clean your makeup brushes (get an instant brush cleaner at the drugstore -- dip the brush in, pull out and let dry to kill all bacteria).
For more of Carmindy's fab beauty tips, browse our Beauty Basics section!