1. Add a Little Color: "Using a great bronzer is a quick way to update your beauty look," says makeup artist Ashunta Sheriff, who often creates looks for celebrities like Rihanna, Hillary Duff, Ashley Simpson and Jennifer Hudson. "I recommend applying CoverGirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Bronzer to give your skin a warm glow that will revitalize your overall look during the winter months." It's also a great option for those trying to avoid the sun in summer.
2. Fake It: "Adding false, individual eyelashes to the outer corners of the eyes can make the lash line appear fuller and more dramatic without having to add a lot of eyeliner," recommends makeup artist Maggie Kerr. Try Ardell Dura Lash Short Individual Eyelashes in Black or Brown.
3. Give Hair a Boost: "Another great way to update your look is to change your hair's natural texture and try something you never have before," says Aussie's stylist, Sarah Potempa who has created polished looks for Julianne Moore, Amy Smart, Rose McGowan and Ali Larter. "If you have straight limp hair and you're looking for a boost use Aussie Catch the Wave Mousse + Leave-In Conditioner and scrunch hair to create soft waves. To enhance the wave even more, create four mini buns after applying the mousse and secure with clips. When you let the buns out your hair will be full of body and loose waves." If your hair is curly, Potempa suggests you try a smooth sleek look with the same product, but blow dry hair with a round brush. Make sure to hold the nozzle of your blow dryer parallel to your hair which will lay the cuticle flat and eliminate any frizz.
4. Make Your Eyes Pop: "A vibrant colored eye shadow across your lid will instantly enhance your entire look," says Sephora Pro Beauty Team Expert, Kelly Haley. Try Urban Decay eye shadow in Flash. "The vibrant purple will compliment any skin tone."
5. Brighten Up: Another fabulous way to accentuate eyes is to line the inner rim of your lids with waterproof blue eyeliner. "This will make the color of your eyes more vibrant and make the whites of your eyes appear whiter," Haley says. "It will also stay in place because it's waterproof." Try Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in bright blue or teal. To achieve even brighter eyes, apply colored mascara. Brown or blue eyes can go for Sephora Brand Lash Plumper in Blue. If your eyes are green or hazel, try Benefit BadGal Plum.
6. Look Pretty in Pink: A fun trick to try that will quickly update your look is to apply a matte pink pencil in the inner corner of the eyes and then blend it softly. "This will add life to your eyes while giving the illusion of an extra 8 hours of sleep!" says Haley. Try Benefit Eye Bright Benefit Eye Bright.
7. Rethink Matte Lips: A sheer shimmery gloss will make your lips look suppler and hydrated while adding fullness. Try Sephora Collection Nectar Shine Gloss in any of the brighter shades like Strawberry Shine or Raspberry Shine. These glosses are full of Vitamin E and SPF 8 so they will nourish and protect. Plus, they come in a great squeeze brush tube that makes them easy and quick to apply.
8. Get Glowing: Kerr recommends spraying Misting Evian Water onto your face after applying all of your makeup. "Patting it into your skin with a big, fluffy, clean powder brush will help makeup settle into the skin, making you appear luminous."
9. Go For Bold: Try Kat Von D Painted Love Cream Gloss in any shade from rich red to deep plum. "Don't be afraid to use vibrant colors on your eyes and lips and remember to bronze up your cheeks," Haley stresses. Try Sephora Collection Color Bronze Buster-To-Go.
10. Pay Tribute: "It's also fun to cut out some of your favorite celebrity photos from magazines and replicate their red carpet hairstyle for a night out on the town," says Potempa. "If you are trying a half up style or an updo, spritz Aussie 12 hr. Anti-Humidity Hairspray onto a flat brush and run through your hair for a look that will last all night long."
Kim Peiffer contributed to StyleList using Seed.com. Go to www.seed.com to learn how you can contribute too.