For this installment of The Weekender we've pulled together mix-and-match items to wear while watching fireworks, hitting up roadside crab shacks, and maybe even taking to the sea on a sailboat. Happy Fourth of July!
- In a show of patriotism this week, we've highlighted some of our favorite American designers, from Tommy Hilfiger to Calvin Klein along with boys from the newer guard like Marc Jacobs. We salute you for making America look great!
- In lieu of looking like too costume-y in a straight up red, white, and blue ensemble, try introducing another color like yellow. You can also experiment with an unexpected print like this sundress by Marc Jacobs, which has a subtle nod to a zebra print.
- You can also dress for the holiday with prints like these fireworks shorts. It doesn't get much more all-American than J.Crew shorts with a classic jean jacket.
- We can't get enough of this summer's nautical trend. Striped tees have been everywhere, but you can also invest via accessories like this beach bag or scarf, both with cute anchor motifs.
- This summer has marked the return of the boat shoe, a great option if you need a break from a Converse and Keds overload. Pick a bright, girly color as opposed to a more masculine cut to keep from overpowering your legs.
Meanwhile, find out what Maggie Gyllenhaal, Tinsley Mortimer, and other fashion folk are doing to celebrate the 4th this year.