Our buddies over at PopEater divulge the most recent news from the Garden State reality hub.
Bankruptcy court records show "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Teresa Giudice and her husband Joe owe creditors nearly $11 million in various debts, but new evidence proves the couple went on a $60,000 shopping spree not long after they filed for bankruptcy, the NY Post reports.
The reality-show star definitely likes the finer things in life, and it seems even a spurt of bankruptcy won't get in her way of luxe living.
New court records claim the pair spent $8,800 on curtains and nearly $45,000 on wall hangings, mirrors, frames, tables, urns, and chairs.
The evidence came to light after the couple tried to convince a Newark federal bankruptcy judge to stop the planned Aug. 22 auction of their personal belongings.
Judge Morris Stern refused to stop the auction but postponed it until Oct. 3.
"These were not Ikea-purchased furniture items," Stern said. "These were from high-end design stores."
In papers filed in Newark Federal Court, the Guidices claim to only make $79,000 a year and are unable to handle the foreclosures and hefty credit card bills.
The court document lists their money woes in detail:
- The bank has moved to foreclose on their $1.8 million home in Towaco, NJ.
- Banks have taken their Jersey Shore house along with another home in Lincoln Park, NJ.
- Teresa owes $12,000 to a fertility clinic.
- They've defaulted on payments for their Escalade.
- Joe personally owes $5 million to former partners of real estate deals.