The look was inspired by '60s artists in California, said celebrity stylist Orlando Pita at the Derek Lam Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Show. "It had that little feeling of the '60s without being very literal and going too far into a period look."
Here, Pita shares his step-by-step instructions for recreating the perfect blowout:
1. Spray T3's Plump all over the hair from roots to tips for all-over volume. "It's a great heat styling product to use with your blow dryer," said Pita.
2. Use the T3 Featherweight Luxe blow dryer. Pita said this is his must-have tool because it dries the hair very quickly.
3. Part the hair down the middle and blow dry in small sections with the roots going upward.
4. Finish with T3's Elevate spray for more texture and volume.
5. Tweak hair to make sure it flatters your face by teasing at the roots and smoothing the ends with a straightening iron if needed for that '60s hippie look.
"I think it's a hairstyle that can be worn really any time of day -- it just depends what you're wearing with it," added Pita.
Watch the video as Orlando Pita dishes on the inspiration behind the 'do.
Want more great tips for a salon blowout at home? Check out these tips.
Then see what other holiday looks are hot this season!