As 2010 draws to a close, we have for you some stylish (but not all entirely serious) predictions about what will happen in the year ahead.
* First Lady Michelle Obama will attend the State of the Union Address in vintage Heatherette and Lady Gaga-style 10-inch platform heels, and pull it off. Flawlessly.
* Lady Gaga herself, after wearing a dress made of beef, a studded latex bikini, and a see-through lace bodysuit (sans bra, of course) in 2010, will evolve out of clothing completely in the new year, hitting the Grammys in a vajazzle and vanipple ensemble. (The latter being an early 2011 invention.)
* Speaking of nudity, the buff-hued trend that ruled runways over the past few seasons will keep popping up in Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 shows. Other strong fall trends will include cropped sweaters and blazers, flared trousers, thick knits, collared blouses buttoned up to the top, printed maxi-dresses, nontraditional furs and pops of acidic hues.
* In addition to designers playing with the color wheel, Rihanna will take note of her bestie Katy Perry's vibrant wig collection and don both purple and electric blue locks before the year is over. Oh, and platinum blond, too.
* Other hot beauty trends for fall will include nude lips and natural eyes, accented only by browns and gold, while bright lipsticks and glosses will be back for spring.
* Snooki will be named editor of the hugely popular fashion magazine spinoff, Vogue Jersey. Forced to compete, Anna Wintour will enroll editor-at-large Hamish Bowles in remedial ab classes and rename Grace Coddington "G-Codd."
* We proclaim 2011 the Year of the Fancy Hat, thanks to the over-the-top nuptials of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29. Also,the Met's Costume Institute Gala on May 4, which will celebrate the fantastical designs of the late great Alexander McQueen and those who helped his creations come to life, including iconic milliner Philip Treacy.
* Rumors will once again begin to swirl that former French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld will be Anna Wintour's successor at American Vogue. Humor Chic illustrator Alexsandro Palombo will take the opportunity to draw the two engaging in a topless mud fight.
* Natalie Portman will get an Oscar nod for her role in "Black Swan." To celebrate the event, the 29-year-old actress will hit the red carpet in a stunning Rodarte dress featuring a dash of feathers.
* Androgynous male model Andrej Pejic will pop up on the women's runways, in addition to booking a handful of high-profile campaigns throughout the year.
* In an effort to top Fashion's Night Out 2010, which featured the biggest fashion show in New York City history, the powers that be at FNO will go for quality over quantity in 2011, reuniting the über-supermodels of the '90s for a nostalgia-inducing charity runway show. Also: a WWE-style match between Marc Jacobs and Andre Leon Talley tag-teaming against the Proenza boys.
* Internet fashion publishing will be revolutionized when StyleList invents the online scent strip, available as an iPad app.
Have a fashion prediction of your own to share? We'd love to hear it in a comment below.
In the meantime, read up on the top 10 fashion news stories of 2010.