Los Angeles-based hairstylist John D revealed that Portman's wavy hairstyle was inspired by the '70s vibe of her floor-grazing Vena Cava halter gown. He also dished on how he created this gorgeous wavy 'do, which featured a strong center part with a bit of volume added to the crown.
Read on for John D's step-by-step instructions on how to create natural-looking waves with a touch of glamour like Portman.
- Prep towel-dried hair with Alterna's Caviar Full Blown Volume Creme. Apply a small dab in your palms and then run through hair using a wide-toothed comb to ensure the product is distributed evenly.
- Blow-dry the hair using a round brush to lock in volume.
- Use a 1-inch T-3 Ceramic Curling Iron to create waves. Take 1-2 inch sections of the hair and wrap them around the iron, directing the curls away from the face.
- Using your fingers, combed through the hair to loosen up the waves for a more natural effect.
- After a bit of backcombing on the crown, finish off the look with a few spritzes of L'Oreal's Elnett Hairspray.
Celebrity hairstylist and Hair Basics expert Ted Gibson offers more tips and tricks in the video below on creating sexy waves.
Click here to learn how to recreate more celebrity beauty looks.