"The Armani Privé look was all about sleek hair kept close to the head. This look is easily transferred to a fresh new style after a good night's sleep," says Oribe. "When you wake up in the morning, take your hair down, brush the hair and use the blow-dry it touch up any sections that need to be smoothed or tamed. The result: straight, sleek, beautiful hair without the effort of a blowout."
Read on for Oribe's step-by-step instructions to recreate this hairstyle at home:
1. Make a center part to divide the hair into two sections.
2. Secure hair at the temple area on both sides -– almost like you're gathering pigtails and spray Oribe Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray lightly throughout to keep the hair smooth.
With this wrap, you need to sweep hair from the left section over to the right side of the head, and vice versa. The hair will crisscross low in the back creating a turban shape.
3. Take the left section and wrap it around the back of the head, then sweep it up to the front, right-hand side. Pin the hair in front, and anywhere along the way where you need to control the hair and keep it close to the head. It's all about keeping the hair small and tight, and keeping it in a clean shape around the ear. As you go, you can use more Imperméable for streamlining.
4. Complete the same process with the right section of hair. Secure with more pins, and use Imperméable when needed.
5. After the wrap is complete, spray the hair well with Oribe Superfine Hair Spray for shine, polish and hold.
7. Top off the style with a hat or hairpiece, or just wear it alone.
"The key to this look is taking your time and keeping the hair smooth. It's a beautiful, interesting way of wrapping the hair and evenly distributing it across the whole head. It's okay to break the rules, as long as the end result is polished and even," explains Oribe. "The following morning, simply brush the hair and blow-dry it anywhere you need to smooth out or tame a section. You can get really sleek, smooth hair this way. Spray Dry Texturizing Spray at the roots if you have any slight oiliness, or use Imperméable to calm flyaways or stray hairs."
We can't wait to try this look for New York Fashion Week Spring 2011 because a hairstyle you can create at night and wake up with is our kind of time-saver.