StyleList attended the CEW Product Demonstration last week, where we were introduced to about 600 new beauty products from 350 brands that continue to push the boundaries of value and innovation. The demo is in lead up to the CEW Awards in May, which honors the years best beauty launches and is considered to be the "Oscars" of the beauty industry.
"It's in its 17th year. We've gone from 20 products to 600," Carlotta Jacobson, president of CEW, told StyleList.
With companies churning out more sustainable beauty products, Jacobson saw an opportunity to support and recognize these advances. The organization has introduced the "Eco Beauty" category and narrowed down the competitive to finalists that include Alterna, Amaala, Aveda, Jurlique, Perricone MD, Pomega5, Sophyto, The Body Shop, Vapour Organic Beauty and Yves Rocher. (See the rest of the nominees here).
As the leader of an organization that boasts "the largest cosmetics counter," we were curious to learn what are Jacobson's makeup must-haves. "I can't live without blush. And when I don't wear it, I feel uncomfortable," she reveals. Lipstick, mascara, moisturizer and fragrance round out her beauty routine.
And if she could create a beauty product to solve her biggest beauty challenge, Jacobson admits it would be a shampoo that keeps her strands clean for a week. "I wash my hair everyday. Doing it gets tiring."
Here's how to enter:
• Leave a confirmed comment below telling us your go-to skincare product.
• The comment must be left before 12 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 24, 2011.
• You may enter only once. Two winners will be selected in a random drawing.
• Two winners will receive a CEW Beauty Awards Gift Bag filled with cosmetics, hair and skin care products (approximate retail value for each bag is $2,000).
• Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
• Click here for complete official rules.