There's no denying that this spring is all about color. Runways all over the world featured brights in every shade. In a series titled "Color of the Week," Stylelist will outline the most popular hues -- as declared by Pantone, world-renowned color authority -- with designer inspiration, celebrity examples, beauty tips and more. For our ninth installment, we present #15-4825, also known as blue curacao.
There's so much to love about blue curacao, but simply put, it just makes us happy. The bright color brings to mind swimming pools, tropical vacations, and Fla-Vor-Ice. So when Pantone named it one of the colors for spring, we were thrilled. And it seems we weren't alone - designers from DKNY to Versace used the hue frequently in their spring collections.
Click through our gallery to see why we're coo-coo for curacao.
- Dooney & Bourke small handle drawstring bag, $198
- DKNY ruffled ramie-blend dress, $325
- American Eagle Outfitters blue braided cuff, $17.50
- Fendi turquoise and black colorblock sunglasses, $395
- Topshop winston colour block espadrille wedges, $100
- Rag & Bone nymph top, $220
- Lizzie Fortunato Jewels surf co. bib necklace, $395
- H&M striped romper, $14.95