Bored with your hairdo? Take a cue from celebrities like Leighton Meester, Kelly Rowland and Nicole Kidman who have recently transformed their tresses thanks to brow-grazing bangs.
"Bangs are a great way to update your look without sacrificing length off your ends," according to celebrity hairstylist and Nexxus creative director Kevin Mancuso. "The addition of thick, blunt fringe immediately draws focus to your eyes and emphasizes your bone structure."
Follow Mancuso eight simple steps to recreate this bangin' style at home:
1. Start by applying Nexxus Thermal Volume Volumizing Heat Protection Mousse directly to damp hair to create body and protect strands from heat damage.
2. Press mousse into hair from roots to ends for all-over volume and textured hold making sure to include the bangs.
3. Pin bangs to the side and create a middle part. Then use a large round brush to blow dry the rest of your hair.
4. Make sure bangs are still damp before styling. If they have dried a bit, mist them with water prior to blow drying. This will ensure there are no unwanted kinks in the bangs and also help set the style.
5. Curl bangs over the round brush and blow dry on low, bending ends slightly under for a flattering, face-framing shape.
6. Release the rest of hair from the pins.
7. Place the round brush under the bangs and lightly mist hair with Nexxus Comb Thru Natural Design and Finishing Mist for flexible hold and glossy shine.
8. Roll the brush slightly under as you remove it from the bangs to smooth hair.
See which summer hair trend that has stars going to great lengths, and you'll never guess which makeup artist feels "naked" without her bangs!
And check out the many different ways to wear bangs.