What better time to release a million-dollar perfume then during an economic recession? DKNY's latest venture is an exquisite fragrance bottle carved from 14-karat gold and coated in 2,909 precious stones, including a 7.18-carat sapphire, a 4.03-carat pear-shaped diamond and 3.07-carat ruby. Yikes.
Slightly redeeming is the fact that net proceeds go to Action Against Hunger, a charity that works to fight world hunger. But wouldn't giving the money straight to charity might have been a tad more efficient? The good news is, if you fancy the scent without the bejeweled exterior, the fragrance alone is available at department stores for $42.
Shockingly, DKNY's price - though high - is not entirely out of the ballpark of other luxurious perfumes. Check out our gallery of the most outrageously expensive scents we could find and tell us: would you ever pay this much to smell nice?
- 18 Carats LUXE Edition Perfume: $57,000
- Ora Ito's Idylle: $45,000
- Baccarat Les Larmes Sacres de Thebes: $6,800
- Ralph Lauren Perfume's Notorious: $3,540
- Bond No. 9 Perfume: $3,500
- Dream de Rachel Elbaz Perfume: $2,446
- Caron's Poivre: $2,000
- Annick Goutal Perfume EAU D'Hadrien: $1,500
- Hermes Perfume 24 Faubourg: $1,500
- Joy Perfume From Jean Patou Perfume by Henri Almeras: $800
- Jar Perfumes' The Bolt of Lightning: $765
- Clive Christian's Imperial Majesty Perfume: $215,000